Your banker needs to have:
- A written request for a specific amount of money.
- A detailed explanation of the use of the funds.
- A projection of how and when you will repay the loan.
- A list of the collateral you are offering as security for the loan.
The banker also wants to know:
1. The financial history of your company in the form of company balance sheets and profit and loss statements for at least the past three years.
2. A realistic projection of profits and a twelve-month (month-by month) cash flow projection. This spreadsheet should show the specific month that cash will be received from various sources and the month that specific disbursements need to be made.
3. A narrative relating your personal business experience.
4. The company "game plan" telling where the company will be several years hence in terms of size, types of products or services, number of employees, locations, etc., to give the banker some insight into your long-range planning.
If we can assist you in assembling a loan request or in your other business concerns, please call our office, or send your questions to us via e-mail.